Monday, August 20, 2012

The first day of First Grade was a "Sweet Success!" Students explored the classroom and waited to see where their seats were going to be this year. I called out each student's name and revealed their table. They were SO excited to see what their table name was. They got started on drawing and writing about one thing they did this summer. We went to the Dining Room at 9:30 for an assembly. The presenter was a chef whose specialty was cooking with bugs. FOR REAL!!! Select students and teachers were asked to help cook the bugs and even taste them. Lucky me, I was forced ( I mean invited-Ha!) to eat a cricket's leg. Let's just say, the only way that happened is that I did it for the kids. The kids had a great time oohing and aahing! This also made them and me appreciate our lunches a little more. It was a fun way to start our first day! First Grade was a "Sweet Success!" on PhotoPeach

No comments:

Post a Comment