Monday, October 29, 2012

Make a Difference Day

Our class wore mismatched socks last week to take a stand against bullying and to make a difference. I held an assembly and talked to first graders and Kindergarteners about how special and unique each of them are. They also learned about standing up for themselves and others who are in a bullying situation. I talked to them about how we are all different but that doesn't mean that we are not to accept each other. I know the value of this lesson will last beyond one day. A sweet little Kindergartener told me on the playground the day after I presented the assembly, "I remember you...You told me Bullies Never Win!" That is an awesome feeling to know that these life lessons are laying the foundation for what type of person these young students will become later in life and how they will treat others for the rest of their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment